Hello everyone,

We just finished our first week back from our month and a half long break!!! I worked a lot on my house over break, painting a lot of trim, stripping the backyard, fixing blinds, filling holes, cleaning a ton, fixing sprinklers, and putting in plants.  Now I am working on re-doing the backyard but the neighbor’s dog does not stop barking so it’s hard to work back there for too long.  After I get done with project I feel so accomplished at the end and it is a great feeling! I went to Monterey for a leadership retreat with 5 of my brothers during the break as well! I also took my first picture with my little!

Homecoming started today with a recycling drive and tomorrow is the pizza factory event where 20% of the proceeds go towards charity. Please do me a favor and go to the pizza factory on monta vista and ask for a flyer and circle the name Kappa Sigma as we seek our 6th Homecoming victory in a row. Homecoming is probably the most fun event of the year where candidates make music videos, perform skits, attend the rally, and finally the homecoming basketball game where everyone shows up and supports our Warriors!

The “core four” as my friends as I like to call ourselves have also been embarking on a ton of adventures which included being up for 30 hours straight starting with going to the Oakland Warriors game versus the Minnesota Timberwolves and ending the time with a 9 hole round of golf.  We decided we are never doing that again!

Like I had mentioned before, I joined the honor’s program this semester and I love my classes thus far.  One of them is a service learning project where we formed small groups and are making a presentation for 5th grade children in an area of Modesto that is considered under-privileged.  I hope to get pictures with the children to blog later on in the semester and hopefully get them to follow my blog later on in order to get them excited about college.  Since there will be a lot of exciting things going on, I will be blogging frequently to document these events!

3 Responses to “Exciting things for the new semester!”

1. Marilu said:

Wow! sounds like you will be having a busy semester. Your service learning project sounds awesome. Good luck!

2. Jon said:

Wow, I’m so old I can’t even stay up all night anymore, let alone 30 hours! I think my record in high school was like 40 hours though…

I love sleep too much now. :)

3. anthonymsilva said:

Jeez, it sounds like you’re going to be involved in a lot of good causes this semester! That’s awesome, it really is. Keep it up! I’m sure you’re going to learn a lot in the process.