Thanksgiving Pre-View

November 27, 2013

This is most likely my favorite holiday to celebrate of the year!!! I love Thanksgiving because it has all three of my favorite things, my family, food, and football!!! There is not much better than all of the conversations, laughs, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, caserole, pumpkin pie. yummmmmmmmmmmmmm.  Last week, I was able to spend a Thanksgiving with my second family, my fraternity.  Kappa Sigma really means a lot to me because my junior and senior year it was just my mom and myself around the house and it was very lonely.  It was hard to have a broken family so when I went to college I really found a family in Kappa Sigma.  They are truly my best friends and almost all of my good memories in college have revolved around them.  I am definitely thankful for them, for the opportunity I have being in America and going to Stanislaus, and I’m thankful for the family that I do have and all of the support they have shown me.

The last couple of days have been hard because my grandma was in a car accident.  She is okay, but shaken up especially because they had thought that her dog was going to die because it was in the accident as well.  You guys probably don’t understand how much they love this dog.  It is seriously like their child and they go nowhere without it.  I’m not sure if my grandma is disabled per say, but she puts a service dog vest on so that she can take the dog into restaurants.  Luckily I got an email today that said that my grandma was feeling a lot better and her dog was okay.  That was a big scare because my grandma is often reluctant to wear a seat belt. I’m just glad that everyone is okay and that my prayers were answered!

Have a happy Thanksgiving!!!!

2 Responses to “Thanksgiving Pre-View”

1. Carrie said:

Its good to hear you have found a second family with your fraternity. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and it is really good to hear your grandma is doing okay after her car accident.

2. Sara said:

I’m glad your grandma is okay! Hopefully you had a great Thanksgiving!