securedownloadphoto 1photo 2photo 3

Hello all! Lately I have been doing a lot of community service and I thought I would share what I have done with you.  My brothers and I went to the Breast Cancer Walk in Sacramento a couple of weekends ago and it was a lot of fun.  The event is huge and I would guess that a couple of thousand people showed up but it could have been a lot more.  A few of my brothers had their heads shaved to raise awareness.  I would have, but my hair is already very short.  The other picture on the far right is from the event I hosted for my fraternity, Habitat for Humanity.  Ever since this event, I have been volunteering with them on Tuesday’s and Saturday’s.  I have put in a total of 25 hours so far with Habitat and I absolutely love it.  It is for a great cause because it gives equity to families by giving them low costing loans with no interest from the banks.  It is both a privately and publicly funded operation.  Because I do not need the hours for school, I can donate my hours to a family which I have done.  It is very rewarding and they are very thankful because the family I donate my hours to need 500 hours in Habitat for Humanity in order to move into their new house.  Most of the families have children so it is very hard for them to get 500 hours and it often takes years.  So hopefully I will be able to get them two hundred hours or so the next year to help them a great deal.  This year I have done 41 hours of community service so far!

The picture on the left is from the Del’Osso Farms corn maze social.  That event also had a lot of people and this is the group that I hung out with in the maze! The social was a good time and I’m glad we got to hang out with the Alpha Xi Delta’s! Hope you are all getting through school and remembering to relax. Have a good one everybody!

One Response to “Community Service and Social!”

1. Sara said:

Great pictures! The breast cancer walk in Sacramento is a lot of fun!